he Garden Design Evening Class programme currently being run at LCFE is aimed at individuals who wish to learn the principles of garden design and apply it to their own garden. Dave works with participants, to facilitate them to design their garden to cater for their own interests and lifestyle. The course is usually run over the Autumn Term for a period of 10 weeks, one evening per week.
- Surveying and assessing your garden, microclimate and soil.
- Understanding the brief – making a garden for YOU – a place to relax? A playspace for kids? A kitchen garden? A herb garden? An outdoor room? A wildlife garden?
- Garden styles, being inspired by the past, creating a mood.
- Design starting points: scale; space; form; texture; tone; balance harmony; repetition; and the use of colour.
- Designing with plants
- Building a framework with trees and shrubs
- Layering a border, infill shrubs, flowers and ground cover
- Plants for seasonal interest
- Lighting and furnishing your garden
This Course is taking enrolments for the Autumn Term, starting September 2013.
Landscape Construction and Maintenance Course
ave has also taught Landscape Construction and Maintenance courses for FAS groups in Tipperary and Limerick, aswell as Kitchen Garden courses. If you have any special requirements in this area where Dave might be of assistance, please make contact.